Once your caregiver gets started, there are a few things you should do to make sure they’re set up for success.
- Tell the caregiver who they should call if they need to call off or if they are running behind schedule. Also, the caregiver is always to notify Caregiver Connection as well, so we can find a replacement for them if needed.
- Share all the information with the caregiver that you came up with when you thought about considering caregivers (see above).
- Please notify the agency if you decide to hire the caregiver.
- Keep track of all the hours the caregiver works, and report these hours to Caregiver Connection at the end of each month.
- Ask the caregiver to keep a log or Progress Notes when they are working. This should include when the caregiver arrived and left the job, a basic description of what the caregiver did on the job, and any important issues that might have come up during the job. Caregiver Connection will provide you with a sample.